Do you need support allocating subsidies for a broadband expansion project?
Would you like to clarify the regulatory rights and obligations when digitizing your network?
Are you planning to cooperate on a cross-sector bundled network modernization?
Are you looking for representation in regulatory procedures or before the courts?
Germany is undergoing a process of digitization of its supply networks. This affects network operators as well as municipalities and counties.
Sector-specific regulation provisions, especially the Telecommunications Act (TKG) and the Metering Point Operations Act (MsbG), stipulate guardrails, including guidelines on infrastructure sharing and coordination of construction projects as well as on the compulsory smart meter rollout.
At the same, these provisions offer huge potential for optimization, ranging from the framework of subsidy law regarding the broadband expansion to a legally compliant contract design of easement and cooperation agreements as well as end user terms and conditions. The examples mentioned above often affect a variety of subject areas, such as aspects of approval and access law, specific sets of rules on public procurement law as well as questions concerning municipal law.
Good solutions require a holistic approach. This is why we have pooled all the expertise in our telecommunications and digital network law team of experts. Our specialists have practical experience in the relevant fields of law as well as in dealing with network operators, municipalities, authorities and courts.
Our advice in telecommunications and digital network law includes the following areas:
- TKG: shared use, shared laying, rights of way, infrastructure atlas, cooperations
- MsbG: rollout, unbundling, fees, wholesale agreements and end user contracts
- legal framework for bundle products: telecommunications/energy
- other requirements: IT security law, data protection law
- special procurement procedures: broadband expansion/smart meter rollout
- Legal Tech/Blockchain: decentralization/automation of power trading
- regulatory procedures and subsequent legal proceedings
- Offer advice in preliminary planning as well as during the expansion and modernization processes of broadband and energy networks.
- Draft legal opinions concerning questions of telecommunications and digitization law.
- Elaborate and negotiate contracts, especially cooperation contracts, end user contracts and agreements in the area of public law.
- Advocate you in regulatory procedures and subsequent legal proceedings.
- Advise you on questions of telecommunications and digitization law during due diligence investigations as part of M&A transactions and restructurings of enterprises (e.g. on questions of open access to network infrastructures, on transmissions or legal successions on measuring points, etc.)
- Cooperate with planning offices and business experts during projects and implement their legal solutions.
Our experts regularly publish articles in specialist journals and give lectures covering a variety of legal topics in the area of telecommunications and digitization.
We also gladly support you with our expertise.