Would you like to expand or consolidate your service portfolio?
Do you need competent advice on how to shape cooperation projects?
What do you need to consider in the establishment and acquisition of medical care centres?
Due to its dependency upon the economic development and the demographic changes hardly any legal area faces such a constant need to adapt as the healthcare law. It is therefore all the more important to identify new developments in legislation and jurisdiction and to integrate these into the strategic business planning. In doing so PwC Legal is the partner you can rely on.
Through our specialist legal expertise and our broad network of sector experts we detect changes, risks and optimisation potentials at an early stage. We assist you in reviewing and adapting your structures as well as in negotiations with third-party payers. Our preventive compliance assessment and advice help to prevent recourse proceedings, criminal sanctions and loss of reputation. Furthermore, we create added-value potentials and, thus, secure your economic success within a complex regulatory landscape. We particularly advise
- hospitals/university hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, forensic psychiatric hospitals and medical care centres,
- pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies,
- geriatric care institutions including nursing homes, assisted living facilities and outpatient nursing,
- care institutions for disabled persons,
- youth welfare institutions,
- associations and
- the entities responsible for such institutions.
- optimise your corporate structures, for example, through restructurings and the establishment of holding companies.
- advise you on partnerships and joint ventures.
- provide guidance during due diligence processes.
- support you in antitrust and competition law matters, e.g. regarding hospital cooperation and acquisition projects (particularly on merger control).
- answer your legal questions in connection with financings and subsidies.
- advise you on the design of medical care centres.
- assist you in the legally correct implementation of regulatory requirements.
- help you to prevent liability risks through legal risk management.
- elaborate contracts including consultancy or fee agreements, agreements with outside doctors, treatment contracts, special service agreements for hospitals and other healthcare institutions.
- analyse and advise on service performance and invoicing in hospitals and medical care centres.
- assist you in entering supply and framework agreements and advise you on the inclusion into hospital plans.
- conduct performance audits and plausibility checks.
- provide guidance during budget negotiations and MDK inspection procedures.
- support you in arbitration and recourse procedures.
- represent you in court and arbitration proceedings.
- answer your questions regarding pharmaceutical and medical product law.
- support you in entering agreements with chief physicians and managing directors.
- also advise healthcare foundations and non-profit-organisations.