Do you wish to install a new remuneration system?
Is the antitrust authority reviewing the adequacy of your water charges?
Do you have questions regarding the legal permissibility of remunerations in public procurements?
To ensure that you can focus on high-quality and efficient supply and disposal services we deal with all respective legal issues such as privatisations and reverse privatisations or basic fees and consumer prices.
For example, PwC Legal supports municipal water suppliers in their disputes with customers regarding the adequacy of basic fees. Individual court decisions may result in extremely high costs when they need to be applied on a broad basis. Our clients acknowledge the fact that our experts also advise major projects such as reverse privatisations. We even successfully took on the case of an East German public utilities association that went all the way to the European Court of Justice. The solution that we developed for this association has since then become a legal precedent in the case-law on service concessions.
Let us mention two further practical examples: We assist municipal waste disposal companies in developing systems for collecting recyclable materials not covered by the „green dot mark“ recycling system. Furthermore, we advise public utilities or associations in legally terminating existing public private partnerships and transferring waste disposal tasks to their own new corporate entities.
- advise you on tenders and assist you in procurement procedures and concession models.
- determine and review prices and fees.
- support you in restructurings of public and private-sector companies and the establishment of public-law entities.
- develop public and public private partnerships in cooperation with you.
- assist you in privatisations, M&A and reverse privatisations.
- conduct litigation on the trial level as well as through the appellate process.
We are pleased to advise and actively support you. Please do not hesitate to contact us.